Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Personal Statement 4

I believe that I deserve to receive a full-ride scholarship to the college or university of my choice. I have not yet made my final decision as to where I am going to attend college. However, I have narrowed my choices down to in-state schools; Nebraska Wesleyan, University of Nebraska at Omaha, and University of Nebraska at Lincoln. A full-ride scholarship is such a blessing that every student desires to receive one. Unfortunately, not everyone will receive a full-ride scholarship or understands its true value. I understand it's true value, and I qualify to be awarded a full-ride scholarship in many ways. The donors will make a lasting and profitable investment in me.
I think that I deserve to have a full-ride scholarship based on my school performance. All throughout Elementary School, Junior High, and High School, I have worked my hardest and best to succeed in my classes. I have turned in my homework on time, I have spent hours completing my homework by staying up late or waking up early. When I am in the process of finishing my assignments, I always put a 100% effort into my task. I work hard in school to earn good grades, to maintain my place in the Honor Society, and the top 10% of my class. Not only do I work hard in school, but also I balance my life with work, clubs, and volunteer service. I have maintained my job at Arby’s for two years, and I enjoy the work environment. In school I am involved in a number of different clubs; LEO club which helps the community in various ways, DECA which is business based, National Honor Society, and Student Council. Outside of school I spend time with my church youth group, I volunteer at the Open Door Mission, and the Nebraska Humane Society. I am involved with all these activities not because I have to, but because I want to. I find all of them fun, and I feel good about myself after knowing that I had helped out the people in my community.
If I were presented a full-ride scholarship, and was accepted, the donors would make an investment in me. They would not regret allowing me money to go to college. I would take it and appreciate the gift, because I know how much it is worth. I have an older sister who is going to college this year, which is emptying my dad’s pockets. I also have two younger brothers who are ten and two years old. My dad makes a good paycheck, however, he has many expenses, and my college tuition is one of the biggest coming up. I would like to receive a full-ride to help my dad out with the expenses. If I were granted the scholarship, I would keep my GPA above a 3.0 and meet all of their requirements in order to maintain the full-ride scholarship. Also, I would volunteer my time to talk to future college students about how wonderful this scholarship program is. I would encourage them to apply by being a great example and talking about my benefits I have received through the scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment